Home Forums Bitcoin and Energy Energy from an economics perspective Reply To: Energy from an economics perspective

• Chris

December 4, 2020 at 18:29

Interesting commentary and question. I have not read the book (yet?), but was on the Zoom/podcast episode and did come away with a bit of a question mark hanging over my head, like what happens when we take things to the limit, in a Kantian ethics sense (as I think of it, as only a lightly read person who finds some philosophical questions interesting and sometimes useful).

It also made me think about the tragedy of commons, such as what we see all around is in all kinds of human activities, where the profits are privatized and the costs are socialized, which happens many industries, including mining, energy, banking, probably medicine, and on and on. I don’t know what the solution is, but my next stop is some of the materials referenced at the end Hans-Hermann Hoppe’s “From Aristocracy to Monarchy to Democracy: A Tale of Moral and Economic Folly and Decay,” which I listened to (a couple times so far) since “Democracy – The God That Failed: The Economics and Politics of Monarchy, Democracy and Natural Order” is does not seem to be available as an audiobook (yet?). Thank you to Saif for recommending. Check Hoppe out if you haven’t already. And read him again if you have.