9. Bitstein on Bitcoin, Meat, and Arctic Carnivore Diets
In this seminar we host Michael Goldstein, @bitstein, of the Satoshi Nakamoto Institute. We discuss our two favorite topics: bitcoin and meat. Michael curated justmeat.co a page with very rich resources on meat, including the amazing story of Arctic explorer Vilhjalmur Stefansson. We are also fortunate to have among our attendees in the seminar Timothy Allen, filmmaker, adventurer, and photographer who has spent years traveling with nomadic tribes in the Arctic and worked on the BBC’s Human Planet documentary. We discuss the diet and health of meat-eating tribes as described in Stefansson’s and Timothy’s travels, the joys of moving reindeer across Siberia while eating raw frozen fish, and the arctic version of red wine.
- Satoshi Nakamoto Insitute
- I, Pencil, by Leonard Reed
- How an Economy Grows and Why It Doesn’t, by Irwin Schiff (pdf)
- Timothy Allen’s webpage
- Timothy Allen’s Wikipedia page
- Vilhjalmur Stefansson
- My life with the Eskimo
- The Bellevue Study of Stefansson’s diet
- 1929 Harvard Crimson article on meat diet
- The Bear, Owsley Stanley
- Saifedean’s guide to meat.