98. Sound economics in an age of hysteria with Tom Woods
December 22nd 2021.
In this episode Saifedean talks to author and Mises Institute fellow Tom Woods about the importance of sound economics in an age of Covid hysteria. They discuss their experiences studying at Columbia University, and the different paths they took to discovering Austrian Economics. They then move on to discussing how they became independent academics, operating outside of traditional institutions and how this gave them more of freedom of speech and allowed them to reach a larger audience. They also talk about Tom’s work promoting rational thinking on masks and coronavirus lockdowns, the influence of “fiat” academics like Dr Fauci, and the censorship Tom has had to overcome on popular social media platforms.
- Tom’s book, Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse.
- Tom’s book Covid Charts CNN Forgot
- Tom’s Covid Charts Quiz
- The Covid Cult on Vimeo
- Tom’s podcast/radio show The Tom Woods Show
- Tom’s book Why Your Facebook Friends are Wrong About the Lockdown.
- Tom’s lecture The Fact-Free COVID Dystopia
- Tom on Twitter
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.