November 17th 2021.
In this episode, Saifedean invites his newsletter subscribers to join a Q&A seminar normally only available to Saifedean.com members. He answers questions on whether money and debt are the same, whether bitcoin whales or “monopolists” will gain too much power on the free market, the impact of energy trends on bitcoin mining, and the risks of holding bitcoin on an exchange. Participants also share their personal stories about how reading The Bitcoin Standard changed their life by lowering their time preference and allowing them to save for the future.
- The Myth of the Myth of Barter by George Selgin
- Have Anthropologists Overturned Menger? By Bob Murphy
- The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels by Alex Epstein for discussion of our inability to run society with unreliable energy
- The Sovereign Individual by James Dale Davidson and William Rees-Mogg
- Mises Institute article about The Myth of Natural Monopoly
- Against Intellectual Property by Stephan Kinsella
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.