90. Climate Hysteria with Alex Epstein
November 8th 2021.
In this episode Saifedean invites back philosopher and energy expert Alex Epstein to talk about climate hysteria and the energy issues facing the world today. They discuss the ongoing COP26 talks in Glasgow and why those setting its agenda are driven by an anti-human philosophy. They also talk about emerging power shortages around the world and why these are caused by a government-led push towards unreliable energy. Alex explains why being opposed to human impact on the environment is equivalent to being anti-development, and why restricting the use of coal hits the world’s poorest the hardest. In the Q&A, Alex answers questions on the gas shortages in Europe, scientific consensus on climate change and how to stay calm in the face of irrationality.
- Alex’s first book The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels
- Alex’s upcoming book Fossil Future
- A Question of Power: Electricity and the Wealth of Nations by Robert Bryce
- Three billion people use less electricity than the average American fridge.
- 18 spectacularly wrong climate predictions from the 1970s, including several made by Paul Ehrlich.
- Alex’s Power Hour discussion with Richard Tol.
- Subscribe to Alex’s Substack “Energy Talking Points”
- Alex’s Congressional Testimony, May 19, 2021
- Alex eviscerates COP26 on GB News
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.