James Lavish CFA has decades of experience in institutional investing and risk management, and he joins us to give us his perspective on global bond markets, their recent developments and where he sees them going forward. He explains his bleak outlook for government bonds in the long run, and why continues inflation is a very likely outcome. He explains his view on why a debt spiral is likely and what it means for bond-holders and governments. James also gives us his perspective on the global foreign exchange market and where national currencies are headed.
- Saifedean’s thread on housing inflation, numbers from Zillow.com
- US national debt clock
- Economist Hyman Minsk
- James’s debt spiral thread
- James’s FX thread
- The Informationist Newsletter
- Looking Glass Education Platform
- James Lavish Twitter profile
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard.
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard.
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses – including his ongoing course ECO22: The Fiat Standard – and read chapters of his forthcoming book, Principles of Economics, by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.