140. Climate Alarmism with Professor Richard Lindzen
Richard Lindzen is professor of Meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and he joins us to offer his scientific expertise on climate alarmism. He discusses how his background in physics and meteorology leads him to conclude that the alarmism around climate is unjustified, and we discuss how institutional and financial reasons have made fiat scientists so keen to promote an agenda of fear and panic. We discuss the problems with the academic publication industry, as well as Professor Lindzen’s experience as a lead author with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and where that led him. He also shares his most recent work on communicating his research ideas publicly.
- Professor Lindzen’s recent paper ‘The Assessment of The Conventional Global Warming Narrative” for which he welcomes comments
- Professor Lindzen’s profile on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology website.
- Transcript of 2018 Prof Lindzen’s Global Warming Policy Foundation lecture.
- Professor Lindzen speaking at the 2017 At the Crossroads IV: Energy and Climate Policy Summit.
- CO2 coalition website
- Article on 97% of scientists agree with consensus in WSJ
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard.
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard.
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses – including his ongoing course ECO22: The Fiat Standard – and read chapters of his forthcoming book, Principles of Economics, by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.