130. The Fiat Standard: Unwritten Chapters
In this seminar, Saifedean discusses ideas for potential chapters he considered for, but did not end up including in The Fiat Standard. The analytical framework of the book, examining the impact of fiat money through the destruction of savings, raising time preference, & allowing endless government finance, can be applied to many topics, and in this seminar Saifedean and the attendees explore some ideas. How does fiat affect medicine and the medical establishment and modern medicine? What is the impact on pharmaceutical drugs? What is the impact on law? How has it affected art?
- Jörg Guido Hülsmann’s book The Ethics of Money Production.
- The Bitcoin Standard Podcast episode with James Todaro on Fiat Medicine.
- The Bitcoin Standard Podcast episode with Stephen Chow: Art on The Bitcoin Standard.
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard.
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard.
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses – including his ongoing course ECO22: The Fiat Standard – and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.