129. Bitcoin Venture Capital with Alyse Killeen
Managing Partner of Stillmark, Alyse Killeen, joins us to discuss investing in bitcoin companies. She explains why Stillmark invests in “bitcoin only” companies, what she looks for in bitcoin startups and how venture capital in the bitcoin industry differs from traditional markets. She and Saifedean also discuss how bitcoin investing is long-term focused whereas token VCs have a new short-term model taking advantage of clueless retail with false narratives. Alyse explains how this long-term focus protects bitcoin VCs from short-term volatility, such as the recent spate of high-profile failures in the altcoin space. In the Q&A, Alyse answers questions on industry trends, the mindset of bitcoin founders and bitcoin adoption in El Salvador.
- Alyse on Twitter.
- Stillmark official website.
- Lightning Labs explainer on Taro.
- Article about the sanctioning of Tordano Cash by the US Treasury.
- Paolo Ardoino appearance on The Bitcoin Standard Podcast.
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard.
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard.
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses – including his ongoing course ECO22: The Fiat Standard – and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.