100. Explaining Bitcoin with Parker Lewis
January 23rd 2021.
In this episode Saifedean talks to writer and head of business development at Unchained Capital Parker Lewis about his Gradually, Then Suddenly series. They start by discussing Parker’s career in traditional finance during the 2008 financial crisis, and how discovering Austrian economics and bitcoin helped him to truly understand the workings of global finance. They then talk about the arguments of some of Parker’s well-known articles on topics ranging from why bitcoin can’t be copied to why bitcoin isn’t too volatile to why bitcoin can’t be banned. In the Q&A Parker discusses rumours that he will run for mayor of Austin and whether hyperbitcoinization will lead to US dollar inflation.
- A full list of Parker’s articles on the Nakamoto Institute website.
- Bitcoin can’t be copied
- Bitcoin is Not Too Volatile
- Bitcoin Cannot be Banned
- Vijay Boyapati’s article The Bullish Case For Bitcoin for discussion of bitcoin’s volatility.
- Saifedean’s first book, The Bitcoin Standard
- Saifedean’s second book, The Fiat Standard
- Parker onTwitter.
Enjoyed this episode? You can take part in podcast seminars, access Saifedean’s courses and read chapters of his forthcoming books by becoming a Saifedean.com member. Find out more here.